Thursday, October 26, 2017

update 10-26

We are rolling in fiction! The kids have been loving reading in class and are so excited about books!  I sent home at the end of last week a writing reflection with your child.  Make sure you ask them about it if you have not seen it.

This quarter we will be focusing on comparing two texts in the same genre for fiction, structure of stories (problem, rising action, resolution), and comparing and contrasting themes, settings, characters, or plot.  This week we started with traditional literature and read some folktales.  Next week, we move into realistic fiction.  Today in class, kids had to compare and contrast the folktales.  We had some creative responses!



In writing, we started writing narratives.  We talked about small moments and had to choose a person that matters to us.  Then, we visualized and chose some small moments or events related to that person to write about.  Tomorrow, we write about a place that matters and zoom in on a small moment.


We also took Book Shelfies.  Those are attached and adorable!  Feel free to email me a selfie of you with a favorite book and I will print it and add you to our display.

The last exciting part is that I am letting kids sign up to be the Teacher's Assistant one day.  This means they get to help me direct the class, pass out papers, give directions, etc.  I am looking forward to it!  Ask your child if he/she signed up to do it.






























































No comments:

Post a Comment